With winter weather fast approaching, we thought we’d share some questions homeowners often ask us about furnace service and repair. Knowing the answers can help you feel prepared should anything go wrong with your heating system!
Is Annual Furnace Maintenance Important?
Preventative maintenance is extremely important for the longevity of your system. Neglecting annual furnace service can decrease efficiency and reliability while contributing to a system-wide shutdown. We always recommend that homeowners have their furnaces professionally inspected, cleaned and tuned-up every year.
When Should I Call for Furnace Repair?
If your heating system isn’t working, try these fixes first:
- Check that there’s power to the system. Ensure no fuses have tripped and the furnace power switch is set to ON.
- Check the exhaust pipe at the side of the house to ensure it’s not blocked by fallen leaves, snow or other debris.
- Check that the thermostat settings are correct (set to HEAT) and that the batteries are working.
- Check that the filter is not clogged and replace if necessary.
If the above doesn’t resolve your issue, it’s time to call for professional repair.
Is Furnace Repair Available 24/7?
Emergency no-heat service is available in Ottawa. If you experience a breakdown in the middle of the night or on the weekend and require emergency service, please call 613-831-2257. If you want to schedule annual maintenance or have general questions about your furnace, please contact us during business hours.
How Can a Furnace Club Membership Help with Repairs?
A furnace protection plan can provide savings on repairs, annual maintenance and also guarantee priority service.
With Team Harding’s Silver Club Membership, you will enjoy benefits like:
• Guaranteed appointments within 48 hours
• 25% discount on future repairs
• A reduced diagnostic fee of $39.95
• 10% off duct cleanings (including dryer vent)
• FREE annual precision tune-ups
• FREE safety inspection
If you have additional questions or
would like to schedule furnace repair or service,
contact Team Harding today.
Harding Heating & Air Conditioning has been Ottawa’s leading home comfort specialist since 1994. We are a family-owned and operated business and all of our installers and technicians are fully licensed.