Beef kebabs are a popular—and easy— recipe for any grill. You can mix-and-match meat and vegetables to tailor the skewers, plus, it’s a great way to use up all the extra ingredients in your fridge.
We’ve outlined a marinade that will work for beef (or any other meat that you’d like to use) and general tips on how to make the best kebabs. Feel free to adapt the recipe below to fit your ingredients and taste preferences!
Marinade (for about 2 lbs of meat)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp Dijon
- 1 tbsp garlic
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together in a large bowl or resealable bag.
- Cut up the meat into uniform 1-inch pieces and add to the marinade.
- Let the meat marinate in the fridge for at least two hours (overnight is better).
- When ready to cook, preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Toss veggies (like mushrooms, onions, peppers) in oil, salt and black pepper.
- Assemble kebabs by alternating meat and vegetables onto the skewers
- Cook kebabs on lightly oiled grill grates until the meat has reached a safe internal temperature.
If you’re using wooden/bamboo skewers, make sure to soak them in water for a few hours before assembling kebabs. This will help prevent the skewers from burning up during the grilling process.
Need a new grill? Contact us to discuss options!
Team Harding is your one-stop-shop for everything grill related. We take pride in offering the best selection in the Ottawa area.