The great thing about grilling lobster is that it’s quick, easy and only requires a few ingredients. You can use fresh or frozen lobster for this recipe, and it’s great for both whole lobsters or just the tails!
- Fresh or frozen lobster
- Salt and pepper
- Crushed garlic
- Favourite herbs (tarragon, rosemary or even just parsley)
- Butter or olive oil
- Fresh lemons
Prepare Whole Lobster
- Using a sharp knife, press the tip into the crack located behind the eyes on the lobster head. Press down firmly and quickly to split in half.
- Cut the tail in half lengthwise and remove the intestines, greenish parts and gravel pouch located in the upper part of the head. Preheat the grill, setting the burners to high. Oil the grate.
- If you’re using frozen whole lobster, defrost it overnight in the refrigerator.
Prepare Lobster Tails:
- Carefully, use kitchen shears to cut the top of the lobster shell from the meaty portion of the tail.
- Using a knife, cut halfway through meat down the center, without cutting all the way through.
- Insert a skewer lengthwise through the lobster to keep the lobster from curling up when cooked.
- If you’re using frozen lobster, defrost it overnight in the refrigerator.
Make the Herb Butter (or Oil)
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients except for the lemons.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill and preheat to medium.
- Drizzle the lobsters with half of the herb oil.
- Place the lobsters, cut side up, on the grill.
- Close the lid and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the lobster is almost done, grill lemon halves, cut side down.
- Remove from the grill and serve with remaining butter.
Want to try this recipe?
Team Harding carries a selection of quality BBQs and grills that are perfect.
Stop by our retail store to see our selection.
Team Harding serves the grilling and smoking needs of the greater Ottawa area. Our expert staff are always more than happy to help you find the perfect grill, smoker or accessory to step up your game.