Ottawa winters are cold enough with a perfectly operational heating system, which is why a sudden heating system breakdown can be a down-right nightmare! While it’s safe to say that nobody wants a heating emergency during a Canadian winter, there’s a silver lining: Team Harding is always ready to help you in the event that you require emergency heating service or repair. Our team of expert technicians is available to the Ottawa region 24/7 and even on holidays because we know the importance of a warm and safe home during the winter.
Team Harding Is Here To Help 24/7
Find yourself needing help? Harding is pleased to offer 24/7 emergency service and repair for your heating system. From heat pumps and ductless mini-splits to central heating and furnaces, Team Harding is prepared to assist you anytime day or night. Keeping our customers safe and comfortable is our utmost priority, meaning we’re always a call away when needed regardless of the day or time.
If you need emergency service or repair, call (613) 831-2257 to speak with a certified technician
What To Do Before Calling For Emergency Service And Repair
Before you panic and call for emergency heating service or repair, there is a list of simple things that you can do to ensure your furnace truly is down for the count and in need of assistance. Before calling the experts at Team Harding, first, try these simple things to get your heating system back up and running:
- If there has been heavy snowfall, make sure that snow isn’t clogging your furnace’s exterior intake pipe
- Check your thermostat’s batteries to make sure it’s working properly
- Check to make sure your thermostat is turned to HEAT and not to COOL accidentally
- Walk around your home to ensure your vents aren’t closed or obstructed by furniture, curtains, or debris
- Inspect your furnace filter and change it if necessary
- Make sure your furnace switch wasn’t turned off by mistake (it’s a common mistake that happens to many people as the furnace switch often looks like a regular light switch)
- Make sure your furnace’s circuit breaker hasn’t been tripped
The Best Way To Avoid Sudden Furnace Breakdowns
While it’s true that sometimes furnace breakdowns just happen, and there’s nothing that could be done to prevent it prior to the incident, in many cases, furnace and heating system breakdowns can be avoided by scheduling annual preventative maintenance for your heating system with the experts at Team Harding. By choosing to schedule annual preventative maintenance for your heating system, you’re helping to ensure that your system is clean, in working order, and showing no signs of future breakdowns.
Sudden heating system breakdown?
Team Harding is here for you!
Harding Heating & Air Conditioning has been proudly serving Ottawa’s home comfort needs since 1994. Our team is dedicated to providing our clients with dependable service and equipment they can count on.