Food is only half of the equation needed for a perfect backyard BBQ—you also need to think about beverages! While most people just bring out a cooler filled with drinks, you can elevate your next BBQ by presenting some grilled cocktails!
Pineapples are a wonderful fruit to grill as it can stand up to the heat.
- Cut pineapple in wedges or thick slices.
- Grill over medium heat for about 6 minutes, turning the fruit when grill marks appear.
- Let the fruit cool and use in place of fresh pineapple in a cocktail recipe or as a garnish.
Lemons and Limes take on a wonderful flavour when grilled and using sugar will add a level of caramelization that balances the natural acidity.
- Halve lemons and limes and cover the cut side with sugar.
- Grill the fruit, sugared-side down, for about 5 minutes or until the sugar has caramelized.
- Let the fruit cool and squeeze into sparkling water or use wherever a cocktail recipe calls for lemon or lime.
Peaches are one of the best fruits to grill as the flavour intensifies as it caramelizes on the grill.
- Halve peaches and remove the pit but leave the skin intact.
- Lightly sprinkle sugar on the cut side of the fruit and then grill for about 5 minutes.
- Let fruit cool and muddle. The resulting juice can be used in anything from a Bellini to Bourbon Smash.
Team Harding has a number of grills to try your own grilled cocktails,
browse our wide selection or stop in to talk to one of our friendly sales representatives.