To help kickstart grilling season in Ottawa, try one of our all-time favourite recipes, chicken teriyaki skewers served with grilled mushrooms and rice.
- 1 lb chicken cut into bite-sized pieces. We prefer boneless, skinless chicken thighs, but you can use chicken breast if you prefer.
- ⅓ cup low-sodium soy sauce, plus a little extra
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 cup chopped green onion, extra for garnish
- 2 lbs of your favourite mushroom, halved
- Sesame seeds, enough for garnish
- Mix ⅓ cup soy sauce, honey and green onions in a bowl. Add chicken and let marinate for at least 3 hours (overnight is better).
- Use the remaining soy sauce to soak mushrooms.
- When you’re ready to bbq, turn on the grill and separately skewer chicken and mushrooms.
- Cook the chicken for 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature reaches at least 75° Celsius. Mushrooms should take about the same time.
- Take skewers off the grill and top with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve with your favourite type of rice!
Pro Tip: To help prevent bamboo skewers from charring and breaking while grilling, soak them in water for at least an hour before using.
Team Harding carries a selection of quality grills that are perfect for this recipe.
Take a look at our grills online or stop by our retail store to speak directly with our salespeople.
Team Harding serves the grilling needs of the greater Ottawa area. Our expert staff are always more than happy to help you find the perfect grill or accessory to step up your grill game.