Furnaces last between 10 and 15 years. To ensure you’re maximizing the life of your furnace, you should be scheduling annual, professional maintenance.
How Maintenance Helps Extend the Life of Your Furnace
Heating systems are complex machines with many different components. To ensure efficient and reliable operation and help prevent breakdowns, you need to regularly schedule service and tune-ups.
Neglecting annual maintenance can result in a buildup of dirt and debris, which can restrict airflow and strain the system. Easily repaired issues can also be overlooked, potentially causing a system failure, well ahead of a furnace’s expected lifespan. A certified technician has the knowledge and experience to fix small issues and help extend the life of your heating system.
What’s Included in Annual Furnace Maintenance
- Inspect and clean key components such as the burner and heat exchanger
- Ensure the system is free of rust, corroded electrical contacts, frayed wires or other problems that could lead to safety issues or a furnace breakdown
- Check to make sure the venting system is properly operating and without any blockages or leaks
- Check the drainage system
- Full inspection of the blower wheel and seal on the blower access door
- Check and replace the filter
Annual furnace maintenance is extremely affordable and can help extend the life of your furnace.
If you haven’t scheduled your appointment yet, contact us to arrange a convenient time.
Harding Heating & Air Conditioning has been proudly serving the Ottawa region with outstanding service since 1994. From furnace tune-ups to installations, we are 100% committed to helping our customers improve their home comfort during the colder months.