Most often, this popular dish is sautéed in a hot pan, but grilling this marinated and thinly sliced beef over a charcoal BBQ adds a depth to the flavour that will quickly make it a staple recipe in your home!
- About 2 lbs. of tender prime beef cut – thinly sliced (about ⅛ inch)
- 5 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp mirin or rice wine vinegar
- 1 red apple – peeled, cored and blended
- 1 small onion
- 1 Tbsp garlic – minced
- 1 Tsp fresh ginger – minced
- Salt and Pepper
- Mix all the marinade ingredients together.
- Add the beef and allow to marinate overnight (or four hours minimum).
- Get your grill ready and on high-heat, and begin grilling the meat. Since it’s thinly sliced, it will cook very fast. Alternatively, you can also cook the beef in a skillet on the grill.
- Serve with steamed rice and your choice of grilled vegetables.
Want to try this recipe? Harding The Fireplace carries
a selection of quality charcoal grills that are perfect.
Stop by our retail store to speak directly with our salespeople.
Harding The Fireplace serves the grilling and smoking needs of the greater Ottawa area. Our expert staff are always more than happy to help you find the perfect grill, smoker or accessory to step up your game.
Try out this recipe and let us know how it turns out
on our Facebook, Instagram or Twitter pages.