We could all use a little bit of spice in our lives these days, and what better way than with some delicious grilled steak fajitas!
- 1 large beef flank steak (roughly 2lbs)
- 1 avocado
- 6 – 10 whole wheat tortillas, warmed
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Jalapeno, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ½ cup red onion, diced
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- Combine tomatoes, red onion, garlic, jalapeño, and cilantro in a bowl.
- Add ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon of black pepper, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of cumin, and lime juice. Mix thoroughly.
- Sprinkle the steak with the remaining salt, pepper, and cumin, and massage the spices into the meat.
- Grill over medium heat, or broil 4 inches from the heat until the steak is cooked to your liking.
- While the steak is cooking, add the remaining olive oil to a skillet and sauté the sliced white onion until it’s translucent and slightly crisp.
- Remove the steak from the grill and slice it thinly across the grain. Place it in the skillet with the cooked onion once you have removed the skillet from the heat.
- Slice avocado.
- Serve tortillas warm with steak, onion, salsa, and avocado. Potluck style works best!
Give this recipe a vegetarian twist and replace the steak with grilled vegetables or your favourite meat substitute.
Give your tastebuds one last taste of summer with these zesty grilled steak fajitas.
If you enjoyed this recipe, check out some of our other tasty recipes. Harding The Fireplace carries a great selection of quality grills that are perfect for cooking any meal.
Team Harding has Ottawa’s grill needs covered with over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom stocked with the brands you know and love. Our knowledgeable staff is here to work with you to find quality products that suit your lifestyle.
Do you follow us on Facebook or Instagram?
We post great grilling tips, and we’d love to hear how the recipe turns out.