Big games build up big appetites, even if you’re just watching from your couch, so you’re going to need a full spread of your favourites ready for this year’s March Madness tournament. These grilled nachos are a fan favourite, and they are sure to make their way into your regular snack lineup once you give them a try.
- 1 bag of your favourite tortilla chips
- ½ can of sliced black olives
- ½ can of black beans
- 1 cup of jalapeño peppers
- 1 cup of diced tomato
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 4 cups cheddar jack cheese (or more if you like them extra cheesy)
- Sour cream (as much as you need for dipping)
- Guacamole (as much as you need for dipping)
- 1 lb sirloin steak
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- Combine the salt, pepper, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, and chilli flakes in a bowl and mix well.
- Place your uncooked steak in a container and rub the mixture into the meat.
- Let the steak sit in the marinade until it reaches the room temperature necessary for grilling. No more than 15-20 minutes.
Steak Grilling Directions
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Place your steak on the grill for roughly 5 minutes per side or until it has reached your desired level of doneness.
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Slice the steak into thin strips or chunks.
- Place a piece of parchment paper in the bottom of a large cast-iron skillet. You can use two layers of parchment if you want to avoid a messy clean-up.
- Place a layer of tortilla chips in the cast iron pan and cover them with cheese, beans, olives, steak, and tomatoes.
- Continue layering the nachos until you’ve run out of ingredients.
- Put the cast iron on the grill at medium-high heat (roughly 450°F) for 3-4 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the tips of the chips have started to brown slightly.
- Remove the nachos using quality oven mitts or grilling gloves and shut off the grill.
- Top with fresh green onions, jalapeños, and serve with guacamole and sour cream.
This recipe makes a lot of nachos, so reheat them at halftime and enjoy delicious grilled nachos throughout all four quarters!
Step your snack game up from pretzels and corndogs with this delicious march madness BBQ snack. Stadium nachos just got some seriously stiff competition. For more delicious dishes like this one, check out our recipes page!
Harding The Fireplace has Ottawa’s grill needs covered with over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom stocked with the brands you know and love. Our knowledgeable staff is here to work with you to find quality products that suit your lifestyle.
Connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
for more grilling tips, and let us know how the recipe turns out.