As the weather continues to become cooler and cooler, many of us who love to grill aren’t shying away, instead, we’re finding new, hearty, and seasonal winter recipes to try! If you love warm, delicious winter meals packed with protein and nutrients, this dish is for you. Try this incredible honey sweet potato chicken kebabs recipe this winter and enjoy the best of what winter grilling has to offer!
- Two Pounds Of Boneless Chicken Thighs
- Two Large Sweet Potatoes
- One Large Yellow Onion
- Olive Oil
- Bamboo Skewers
- ¼ Cup Of Honey
- 1 Tsp Of Garlic Salt
- 1 Tsp Of Paprika
- 1 Tsp Of Pepper
- ½ Tsp Of Salt
- 1 Tsp Of Cumin
- 1 Tsp Of Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Of Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cut your onion into medium slices, leave to the side for later
- Cut your sweet potatoes into medium-sized cubes
- Add potatoes to a small pot with water and bring to a boil
- Lower the heat on the potatoes to medium and cook for another five minutes
- Turn off heat and leave potatoes to rest
- Mix sauce ingredients listed above in a large bowl, stir thoroughly
- Cut your chicken into medium-sized 2-inch pieces
- Toss the chicken, onion, and potato slices in the sauce, cover them thoroughly
- Thread the chicken, onion, and potato slices onto the bamboo skewers
- Set grill to medium heat
- Place chicken skewers on the grill evenly
- Cook for about 8 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear, turning them frequently for an even cook
- While cooking, brush the skewers with leftover sauce
- Once cooked, serve hot and enjoy!
Looking for more delicious and hearty winter meals?
Check out our recipes page!
Team Harding has Ottawa’s grill needs covered with over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom stocked with the brands you know and love. Our knowledgeable staff is here to work with you to find quality products that suit your lifestyle.
Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram
for more grilling tips, and to let us know how the recipe turns out.