It’s officially that time between the joy of the holiday season and the warmth of spring, and that tends to make some of us feel blue! A great way to enjoy the winter season, and to stay warm and happy during the coldest nights of the year is to enjoy hearty and creative meals that allow you to continue your passion for grilling! This winter, why not try our delectable grilled chicken and vegetable soup? It’s hearty, healthy, and exactly what you need to keep the winter chill at bay!
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 4 large chicken breasts
- 2 large carrots
- 1 rib of celery
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 jalapeno (optional)
- Noodles of your choice
- Extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup of parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preparation Instructions #1
- Cut carrots, celery, zucchini, and jalapeño into thin, lengthwise pieces and place into bowl
- Add salt and pepper, and ¼ cup of olive oil to bowl and combine the contents
- Create a “bowl” using tinfoil to hold the vegetables, poking a hole in the tin foil at the bottom
- Prepare the chicken breasts by topping them on both sides with a generous amount of olive oil and salt and pepper
- Preheat the grill to medium heat
- Place vegetables and chicken on grill grate, taking the vegetables off after about ten minutes, and the chicken off after about twenty minutes, or when the chicken is thoroughly cooked
Preparation Instructions #2
- Once the chicken and vegetables are off the grill, chop the thin vegetable slices horizontally into small pieces
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bite-sized pieces
- Cook your preferred noodles on your stovetop and set them aside for later
- Bring the chicken broth to a simmer on medium heat on your stovetop
- Add grilled chicken and vegetables pieces to the pot
- Add noodles to the pot
- Add more salt and pepper to the pot
- Let simmer to allow ingredients to mix, and bring ingredients to the same temperature
- Take off the stove and serve with a parsley garnish
Interested in finding more delicious grilling recipes?
Check out our recipes page!
Team Harding has Ottawa’s grill needs covered with over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom stocked with the brands you know and love. Our knowledgeable staff is here to work with you to find quality products that suit your lifestyle.
Connect with us on Facebook and Instagram
for more grilling tips, and to let us know how the recipe turns out.