When you think of a charcuterie board, your mind might not automatically go to grilling. However, what is a charcuterie board if not an assortment of delicious finger foods? Our grillmasters believe that a BBQ charcuterie board is a great way to serve a few of our favourite grilled appetizers in a fancy way. Just follow these simple grilled appetizer recipes and organize them artfully on a slab of wood and you have yourself an expert BBQ charcuterie board to impress friends and family with!
In the center of every great BBQ charcuterie board is a warm and delicious melted cheese along with some crackers and bread. To start building your charcuterie masterpiece, you first need to grill brie!
- Grill Brush
- Olive oil
- Wheel of brie
- Cup of sliced cherry tomatoes
- 3 TBSP of balsamic glaze
- ¼ cup of basil leaves
- Preheat your grill to medium-low
- Drizzle olive oil generously over the wheel of brie
- Slice the baguette into small pieces and brush with olive oil
- Wrap brie and tomatoes in tinfoil
- Place baguette slices and wrapped cheese on the grill and cook for 5-10 minutes or until soft
- Unwrap brie and drizzle place on your charcuterie board
- Drizzle balsamic glaze over top and sprinkle with basil leaves
- Place sliced baguette on charcuterie board for guests to dip
Let’s be honest, the star of most charcuterie boards is the bread. It’s versatile, delicious, and beloved by most guests. While your charcuterie board already has a simple store-bought baguette, a great way to impress is to include a soft, hand-made grilled bread with hummus to go with it.
- Grill brush
- Mixing bowl
- Your favourite store-bought hummus
- 3 cups of bread or all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup of warm water
- Salt to taste
- Mix together flour, salt, and yeast in a mixing bowl
- Add in warm water and oil
- Mix with hands and set aside for 30 minutes to rest (the ball of dough should have doubled its size in this time)
- Preheat grill to medium heat
- Divide dough into 8 small sections (perfect for dipping and sharing)
- Grill pieces of dough for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until golden
- Brush dough with extra olive oil and sprinkle with salt
- Serve on BBQ charcuterie board with hummus to dip
Smoked Pork Belly Morsels
We couldn’t call this a BBQ charcuterie board without something grilled and slathered in BBQ sauce! Smoked pork belly morsels are a great bite-sized treat for any charcuterie board. You can eat them on their own or pair them with bread and cheese. The opportunities are endless!
- Ziploc bag or Tupperware for meat to marinate in
- Kitchen knife
- Wire rack
- BBQ brush
- 5 lbs of pork belly
- ¼ cup of your favourite BBQ rub
- 1 cup of your favourite BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 tbsp of brown sugar
- Slice pork belly into 1-inch cubes
- Fill a Ziplock bag or a Tupperware container with the pork belly cubes and your favourite BBQ rub and shake the bag until the two are mixed together
- Let rest for a few minutes before adding BBQ sauce, honey, butter, and sugar to the bag
- Let marinate in the fridge for up to 24 hours (at least 2 hours minimum)
- Preheat your grill to medium-high
- Lay pork belly cubes on a wire rack with just a small amount of space between them
- Grill until cubes have reached 200°F
- Lower heat and cook for another 10-15 minutes while the BBQ sauce thickens
- Serve with bread, crackers, cheese, or in a bowl with toothpicks on your charcuterie board
Looking for more delicious grilling recipes?
Check out our other recipes!
Team Harding has Ottawa’s grill needs covered with over 4,500 square feet of retail showroom stocked with the brands you know and love. Our knowledgeable staff is here to work with you to find quality products that suit your lifestyle.