- On April 10, 2019
- 0 Comments
- Air conditioners, Cooling, Ductless, Harding, Ottawa
There are a number of circumstances where people don’t—or can’t—have central air conditioning and instead rely on window air conditioners to keep them cool and comfortable. If you’re adding an addition and can’t tie into the existing HVAC system, have an older home that doesn’t have ductwork or live in a condo—you can install a ductless mini-split system and get rid of the cumbersome window unit.
As the name implies, a ductless mini-split provides zoned comfort without the use of ductwork and instead uses a single conduit to join the mounted indoor unit to the outdoor condenser. Since this type of system is extremely flexible and easy to install, it’s a good alternative to those that can’t use central AC but want something more efficient and reliable than a window air conditioner.
Why Choose a Ductless System Instead of Window Unit
- Efficiency – Ductless systems are much more efficient because they transfer heat rather than produce it.
- Flexibility – Mini-splits can be installed anywhere and you can connect multiple indoor units to one condenser—allowing for zoned cooling.
- Unobtrusive – A cooling system in your window is noticeable and can be extremely loud. Ductless systems blend in with the wall and are extremely quiet.
- Safety – Burglars have targeted homes with window air conditioners because they can be pushed in and provide a way into the home.
If you can’t, or choose not to, install central air conditioning—you’re not stuck with suffering through the heat or relying on window units. Ductless mini-splits are gaining in popularity because of their ability to provide efficiently zoned cooling in homes and condos.
If you’re interested in ductless mini-split systems, don’t hesitate to contact us for more information or to schedule your free, no-obligation quote.
Harding Heating & Air Conditioning has been Ottawa’s leading home comfort specialists for 25 years. We’re proud to offer the highest quality furnace and AC installation and service with an expert team of fully licensed installers and technicians.